The UI Imagine If™ programs are offered for grades 1-3, 4-6, 7-12. Imagine If uses goal setting to help students learn how they are able achieve success. An important part of the UI programs are to look at the whole student, and not just focus on only one aspect of their life. We believe every student learns differently and use programs that teach to all different learning styles. We also offer special features to enhance a student’s sense of empathy and compassion such as: acts of kindness, gratitude, and laughter.
Once teachers have been trained by UI and implement our program, it can become part of a daily self-guided routine which is used to assist students in creating goals/intentions based on their desired individual needs.
We relate them to areas such as: academics, athletics, family, and social lives. It also provides them with tools like attaching visuals, and creating action steps which can help keep them motivated.
The key to success in our program is to stay positive, focus on the end result, and continually monitor progress so students can achieve success in any endeavor in life!
Our Core Principals
Scope & Sequence
Unit 1: (Lessons 1-3)
Introduce the scientific evidence, importance of mindful awareness and daily positive practice.
Unit 2: (Lessons 4-6)
Focus on being fully present and creating an autonomous identity which increases effectiveness.
Unit 3: (Lessons 7-9)
Understand the importance of proper goal setting, changing beliefs and tracking for achievement.
Unit 4: (Lessons 10-12)
Learning to become more aware, react consciously and celebrate the abilities you do have.
Unit 5: (Lesson 13-15)
Apply daily positive practice like gratitude & kindness, intentional goal setting and giving back.
Teacher & Schools
Through the UI Educational programs, teachers can enhance the existing goal setting program required by the Common Core. Our programs can create unique instructional modifications and teach how to turn goals into higher level focused intentions, and assist teachers in finding greater professional and personal satisfaction.
- Our program is broken down by grade level and is organized in a series of smaller steps so a student can improve critical thinking skills, executive function skills, gain perspective, and avoid becoming overwhelmed and stressed.
- It can instill a positive habit that can teach a student to be more resilient, self-regulate and encourage them to make more mindful decisions in life.
- It can also assist them in having more self-control and train their minds to avoid negative thought-patterns that can be detrimental to self-esteem and positive behaviors.
- The program can assist them in meeting and attaining achievable goals.
Children & Teens
Setting attainable goals and creating intentions isn’t a skill that comes naturally to children. Being a child can be challenging in a world is full of distractions like school work, quizzes and tests to study for, sports, family life, peer relationships. Expectations of their family and friends can cloud their ability to be who they truly are capable of being. We are all unique and have a lot to offer to this world, it’s all a matter of how we perceive situations and learn to handle them.
- Learning to self-reflect and to execute is important because it helps them develop life skills that help them plan for the future.
- By organizing a series of smaller steps to achieve a large goal, a child can learn to gain perspective and how to avoid becoming overwhelmed.
- When given the right tools and having seen positive results, students are less likely to view goals that they don’t achieve as failures.
- They can learn to turn challenges into opportunities and achieve success from the inside out.