Skills our program offers:
When you assist a child in setting goals and creating intentions, you give them a vision of the future.
- Intentional thought gives a positive focus that will encourage them to make better decisions in life.
- It can help children to think ahead about behaviors that might get them closer to achieving their goals.
- It will also train the child’s mind to avoid negative thought-patterns that can be detrimental to self-esteem and positive behavior.
Build Self Esteem
Setting goals and creating intentions allows a child to establish ideals for their life and encourages them to keep moving forward.
- When a child learns to create positive intentions they develop a sense of purpose.
- Children who have a sense of purpose in life can be more confident, which can lead to higher self-esteem.
- They can learn to view setbacks and negative thoughts in a different way which can build their confidence in handling any situation.
Foster Responsibility & Accountability
Short-term and long-term goals which become focused intentions benefit young people by helping them gain a sense of responsibility.
- It also can help them learn accountability for their actions.
- This newly found sense of responsibility evokes improved self-awareness, self-control, and personal empowerment.
- When they create positive goals and intentions they learn more about themselves and the boundaries of their abilities.
Motivation can be challenging, but by giving them the appropriate tools, support and guidance, they will see that their goals are realistic and attainable.
- When you set attainable, focused intentions with clear outcomes they will be more motivated to create and accomplish them.
- They are less likely to view goals that they don’t achieve as failures and learn to turn challenges into opportunities.
- When they begin to see positive results, they are eager to get work done in a timely manner.